3lemons

facebook google-plus linkedin twitter

"I have communicated with this business many times now and they are a trusted web site with a clean internet trading record. To confirm this please feel free to contact me, Graham Callingwood at Top Page Guru."

www.toppageguru.com

Water - Essential to health

By
Lynne Brown
BSc Hons, HDE, Dip Clin Nutr

We are constantly being told to drink lots of water – 2 litres a day for the average person they suggest. And I agree – water is of vital importance to our health. Taking in too little water can result in headaches, dizziness, lethargy, muscle cramps, loss of appetite, constipation, depression, and brain fog. Water lubricates your joints and is also essential to the functioning of the digestive tract. There is no point in taking extra fibre if you don’t take in enough water to keep it moving.
However if we’re drinking such large quantities of water then we need to be sure its not causing more harm than good.

Hard water

Ground water is the term used for any water that passes over or through the ground, in other words, what most of us drink every day. This water may also be called mineral water since it will contain mineral salts that it is has leeched from the ground. Water with a high mineral salt content is termed “hard” water and herein lies the problem.

Undesirable mineral salts

When salt is presented to the body (with rare exceptions such as sodium chloride) it must be either stored or excreted. A good example is CaCO3 (calcium carbonate) or lime, abundant in hard water and being an inorganic mineral, the human body cannot utilize the calcium. We have all seen the dirty, chalky rim of insoluble matter that hard water leaves on the inside of a kettle. These solids will as surely leave deposits in your system as they do in your kettle.  The calcium may precipitate in the lens of the eye causing cataracts, or the kidneys, causing kidney stones or the walls of the arteries, causing hardening of the arteries.

Treated water

Tap water treated at a treatment plant may still contain a variety of poisons such as chlorine, chloramines, asbestos, pesticides, fluoride, copper, mercury, aluminium and lead. Some of these metal contaminants have been implicated in the development of  Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and autism, to mention a few.

Rain water

Of course rain water was always a good option in the past but unfortunately is less safe now what with all the atmospheric pollutants in the air. Here at The Orchards we drink rain water that we have distilled in our counter-top distiller and it never ceases to amaze me how much gunk is left behind in the boiling vessel of the distiller.

Minerals from food

We should not be looking to water to supply our mineral needs.  Apparently we would have to drink 675 glasses of tap water a day to reach the RDA for calcium alone. Also remember when it comes to minerals, your body can only assimilate a mineral if it has been through the root of a plant. The plants like their minerals delivered to them in inorganic form – but we are not plants.  We need our minerals delivered to us in organic form that we can only obtain from plants and whole-foods.

Pure H2O please

Water is needed to flush our organs of excess minerals and toxins and for this reason it needs to be as pure as possible. The only really effective means of achieving 100% pure water is by distillation and in essence distilled water is the only safe water to drink for optimum health.

What distilling does

Water is heated to boiling point killing all parasites, viruses and bacteria. The steam rises leaving behind all contaminants, heavy metals, chemicals, pesticides and salts. The condensed steam then passes through a carbon filter that removes organic contaminants and the pure distilled water is collected in a container. What a pleasure to drink this 100% pure, crystal clear H2O! Only glacier water comes close to distilled water and unfortunately we don’t have any of that in these parts!  Excellent counter-top water distillers are available from us.

Disclaimer: All information here is for educational purposes only and is not meant to cure, heal, diagnose nor treat. This information must not be used as a replacement for medical advice, nor can the writer take any responsibility for anyone using the information instead of consulting a healthcare professional.  All serious disease needs a physician.

Log in

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me